CHOOSING THE RIGHT HOTEL LINEN
CHOOSING THE RIGHT HOTEL LINEN
When walking into a hotel room, the first thing a guest will notice is the crisp white sheets laid out on the bed. As a hotel, choosing the right linen can mean the difference between a luxury and restful night or an uncomfortable night's sleep.
So what 3 factors do you need to look out for when choosing which to buy?
The thread count of bed linen is the key thing to look out for to really determine the quality; the higher the thread count, the more luxurious the bed linen.
• 120-170: Thin sheets where the usage calls for the material of a more basic nature, often found in hospitals.
• 200: A cool and light cotton mostly used in summer. Found in many hotels where the requirement is cool, crisp bed linen within a budget.
• 400: Definitely our best-selling cotton product. A soft yet more substantial count favoured for its cool feel and durability. This product is what you expect to find on the beds of major hotel chains worldwide.
• 600: Here is where the exclusive end of quality begins, made possible by the use of compressed air technology in the weaving process. It is a beautiful lustrous, uniform, soft and very smooth fabric.
• 800-1000: Ultimate luxury and pure indulgence with an event greater lustre and a fuller fabric.
The right fabric
Choosing the 'right' fabric really depends on personal preference and the effect you're looking for in your hotel rooms.
• Percale is a closely woven, plain weave, spun fabric made from both carded and combed yarns. It is generally only found in high thread-count fabrics which gives the fabric a soft, silk-like feel. Percale gives a fabric strength meaning it will last longer through multiple washes - perfect for hotel usage.
• Sateen is weave construction that has more threads on the top surface than others, resulting in a softer look with a sheen resembling satin. Cotton sateen sheets tend to be softer than those with a Percale weave so it's a matter of preference which to choose.
Once you've chosen your linen, you want to ensure it stays in good condition and lasts. Have a read through our washing instructions to get the best out of your products.
One of the many factors in creating the ultimate luxury experience for your hotel guests is the towels. King of Cotton has many years of experience in supplying towels to hotels including leading five-star establishments. But with many towel ranges and styles to choose from, here's the top 3 pieces of information you need to make your decision:
Towel weight is measured in grams per square metre; the higher the GSM, the thicker/heavier the fabric. Weight lower than 500GSM will mean the towel is typically thinner and more suited for the warmer months and trips to the pool. If you're looking for a thick, soft, and luxurious towel for your hotel rooms then 500GSM+ is recommended for the ultimate absorbency and comfort.
Having your brand name embroidered onto your linen adds that extra personal touch and promotes your brand image. Or alternatively, just email us your logo and we'll get back to you with a price at our competitive corporate rates.
The feel of a cotton towel can vary depending on the type of cotton used. Egyptian cotton towels have much more luxurious and long-lasting characteristics. If you're not sure whether or not Egyptian cotton is for you, check out our Egyptian Cotton VS Normal Cotton post.